Dermol 200 is an emollient for dry skin that also has antimicrobial properties that work to kill bacteria on the skin causing skin problems. This shower emollient contains 4 active ingredients that provide relief. These ingredients are:
- Liquid paraffin
- Benzalkonium chloride
- Isopropyl myristate
- Chlorhexidine dihydrochloride
Liquid paraffin and isopropyl myristate are both emollients that soften and moisturise the skin as well as forming a protective barrier that helps to reduce the effects of dry skin. Benzalkonium and chlorhexidine are both antibacterial chemicals that will combat bacteria on the skin that can make eczema worse and that causes itching.
Directions for use
Please use Dermol 200 Shower Emollient only on the skin. For best results, use this product regularly and whenever you shower. The following instructions apply to all age groups that typically take showers:
- To use the product, remove the hooked overcap and attach it to the base of the bottle for hanging in the shower.
- Hold the bottle upside down and gently squeeze the product into the palm of your hand.
For use as a soap substitute:
- Use Dermol 200 Shower Emollient to wash instead of regular soap or shower gel. It will not foam or lather like ordinary cosmetic products.
- After washing or showering, pat the skin dry with a soft towel, avoiding rubbing as this can worsen dry skin conditions.
For use as a leave-on application (e.g., after showering):
- Apply Dermol 200 Shower Emollient to the affected areas.
- Gently smooth it into the skin.
- If necessary, allow time for any excess to soak in. Do not rub the skin vigorously.
- Reapply as often as needed.
- If you are applying another treatment to the same areas of skin as Dermol 200 Shower Emollient, try to avoid mixing the two products. You can do this by applying the treatments alternately, leaving enough time for the previous application to soak in.
If you forget to use Dermol 200 Shower Emollient, don’t worry. Just continue using the product as described the next time you need it.
If the product gets into your eyes, it may cause irritation. Rinse your eyes with plenty of water. If you rinse one eye, be careful not to wash the product into the other eye. If irritation persists, seek medical advice.
The active ingredients in this product are benzalkonium chloride (0.1% w/w), chlorhexidine dihydrochloride (0.1% w/w), liquid paraffin (2.5% w/w) and isopropyl myristate (2.5% w/w).
The other ingredients are cetostearyl alcohol, macrogol cetostearyl ether (cetomacrogol 1000), phenoxyethanol and purified water.
Like all medicines, Dermol 200 shower emollient can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
If you experience any of the following reactions stop using Dermol 200 shower Emollient and get urgent medical help: Swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat; a sudden uncharacteristic red itchy skin rash (hives) away from the site of application; wheezing or breathing difficulty; feeling faint or dizzy; a strange metallic taste in the mouth; or collapse. You may be having a serious allergic reaction.
Warnings and precautions
As with any product, severe generalised allergic reactions are possible. Very rare reports of such reactions in susceptible individuals, leading to a drop in blood pressure and even to unconsciousness, have been associated with products containing chlorhexidine.
You must not use Dermol 200 shower emollient if you have had problems with chlorhexidine containing products in the past.
Do not smoke or go near naked flames- risk of severe burns, fabric (clothing, bedding, dressings etc) that has been in contact with this product burns more easily and is a serious fire hazard. Washing clothing and bedding may reduce product build-up but not totally remove it.
This product is typically dispatched within 1-2 working days from date of order
Please note that we do not operate at the weekends. Orders placed after 2pm Friday will not get processed until the following Monday morning.
Our standard delivery charge is £2.90.
We use a tracked 48 Hour service for our standard delivery.
Next Day Delivery
Due to COVID-19 we are not currently offering Next Day Delivery as our couriers are not always adhering to the delivery timescales, we will introduce this again in the future.
Private prescription medicines are sent by courier, tracked 24hr delivery, free of charge (all private prescription items have a minimum order value of £5.00). NHS prescription medicines are sent by courier, tracked 24hr delivery.
Normal delivery charges will apply for non-prescription items in the same basket.
Full details here