The two oils in the Doublebase Gel formulation help soften, moisturise and protect the skin by trapping moisture and restoring the normal protective function of the skin. Doublebase Gel is designed to deliver the emollient ingredients into the skin to make it non-greasy despite its high oil content.
- Doublebase Gel is a treatment for application to your skin.
- It helps treat dry or chapped skin conditions that may also be itchy, red and sore. Common examples include:
– psoriasis (scaly, pink patches of skin), elderly pruritus (itchy skin due to ageing), ichthyosis (abnormal scaly skin), various forms of eczema, dermatitis and other dry skin disorders.
- All age groups can use Doublebase Gel, including babies.
- The active ingredients in this product are isopropyl myristate and liquid paraffin. These are known as emollients. The product helps to:
– soften, moisturise and protect your skin by trapping moisture in the skin and restoring the normal protective function of the skin.
– prevent the skin-drying and irritant effects that can be caused by washing and bathing and by the soaps, foaming additives and fragrances used in ordinary cleansing products.
- This product can be used in addition to any other emollients or treatments your doctor, pharmacist or nurse may have given or prescribed for you to treat your dry skin condition.
The active ingredients are: isopropyl myristate (15% w/w) and liquid paraffin (15% w/w).
The other ingredients are: glycerol, carbomer, sorbitan laurate, trolamine, phenoxyethanol and purified water
Like all medicines, Doublebase Gel can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. This product has been specially designed for use on dry or problem skin. However, in rare cases it can cause skin irritation (mild rashes) or allergic skin reactions on extremely sensitive skin. These rare effects tend to occur during or soon after the first few uses.
Stop using this gel and tell your doctor, nurse or pharmacist:
- If your skin condition seems to look or feel worse.
- if any of the side effects get serious, or you notice any other side effects not mentioned.
Warnings and precautions
Do not use Doublebase Gel:
- if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to isopropyl myristate, liquid paraffin or any of the other ingredients of Doublebase Gel listed.
Do not smoke or go near naked flames – risk of severe burns. Fabric (clothing, bedding, dressings etc) that has been in contact with this product burns more easily and is a serious fire hazard. Washing clothing and bedding may reduce product build-up but not totally remove it.
This product is typically dispatched within 1-2 working days from date of order
Please note that we do not operate at the weekends. Orders placed after 2pm Friday will not get processed until the following Monday morning.
Our standard delivery charge is £2.90.
We use a tracked 48 Hour service for our standard delivery.
Next Day Delivery
Due to COVID-19 we are not currently offering Next Day Delivery as our couriers are not always adhering to the delivery timescales, we will introduce this again in the future.
Private prescription medicines are sent by courier, tracked 24hr delivery, free of charge (all private prescription items have a minimum order value of £5.00). NHS prescription medicines are sent by courier, tracked 24hr delivery.
Normal delivery charges will apply for non-prescription items in the same basket.
Full details here